Monday, December 28, 2009

Waiting

So I went to the doctor again. I'm getting kinda tired of the whole doctor thing. Now I'm going every week and I have four more to go. I can't remember having to go to the doctor so often.

I'm also so ready to get this baby out. Every day I get more and more worn out. My back is killing me. I can't sleep for all the bathroom breaks. Last night was awful because my cat woke me up and then I went to blow my nose and because of the dry weather had a nice gusher. So here I am in the middle of the night shoving tissues up my nose and breathing through my mouth. Needless to say, I did not go back to sleep.

Then there is all the washing and vacuuming and cleaning and stuff so that when my husband takes over the household duties it will be more maintenance. I was doing great getting stuff done until last night's sleeplessness took hold and I've been rather mopey all day.

I guess all this rambling has made me think of the Jews waiting for a messiah and Mary and Joseph waiting for Jesus. It must have been hard not being about to explain to people or that people did not believe them. I at least don't have a problem with people not believing me about the baby. But I'm also not given a whole lot of expectations that Mary and Joseph I'm sure had to think about. It must have been hard having to wait until people believed them. It also must have been hard to wait for his birth. It's hard for me to wait. I guess you could say that my Advent has been extended. I'm waiting for my Christmas. It just hasn't come yet. In the mean time, I'm like Mary and Joseph trying to get stuff ready although I'm sure that their little trip didn't help matters. Maybe I'm lucky in that I don't know what to expect. Or maybe it would be easier if I did. Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. Aww... That's a great parallel to think about. The last month really is the hardest, but I think its just because we're so ready at that point. At least I think that was it for me. I just wanted it to be over with... and it was when I started freaking out a bit too (if I was ready and all that). Keep hanging in there though & just keep in mind you really don't have that much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this post is a little nutty of me. I've decided to focus on things I do have control over like learning stuff that you can do with the baby and different child rearing techniques. It will keep me from going off my rocker with impatience. I need a hobby, but I don't want to get into one just to have to stop. Maybe I should practice my music and learn a new piece.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!