Monday, January 25, 2010

Go For Launch Update 3

Okay. So I'm scheduled for an induction starting Thursday evening at 9pm. I go in for the stuff to dilate the cervix more (fun, fun, fun) and then Friday morning my bag will be broken. So the baby should be born Friday afternoon/evening ish, barring any strange complications or if I should happen to go into labor between now and then. This I doubt because although my cervix is more far forward (the baby has dropped), it's only 1 1/2 cm. Which is why I'm thinking she just wants to get things on a move on.

So what does that mean? Well, Friday's peace activist of the week will be postponed until I'm out of the hospital. And if anyone would like to call me, (for those who know me in real life), you'll probably get the machine until I get a chance to return your call (ie when I feel up to it or make hubby call you back). So don't get upset if that doesn't happen. It's not cause I'm ignoring the world.

Oh, online birth announcements. I plan on e-mailing out info to those people I know and for those who I've met online I will try my best to send a simplistic message of time, height, weight etc. I'm sorry, but you might have to wait on pictures. Please know that I know that you are all with me and that I truly appreciate it. I don't know how my body will react to everything. I might feel great and want to do some simple tasks like posting something. Or I may feel miserable and just want to lie down and rest a lot. We'll see. It took a couple of days for me to feel "normal" after my wisdom teeth and a couple of weeks for the swelling to go down. Labor may be similar. May not feel great the first couple of days and start to feel better after a while.

Plus my in-laws will be in town Friday-Monday so I don't know if I can really entertain and do normal tasks. My in-laws are great; I don't want to give the impression that they expect me to up and around to entertain, but I still think it would be nice to spend all my energy on them. I mean they are flying from another state afterall. It would be rude of me. Although the plus side is that they will be so fixated on the baby, I might be able to steal a couple of minutes to let you know how things went.

Oh, well, I'm over thinking things again. I just need to relax.

4 comments:

  1. Aww.. definately relax. I hope everything goes well & just think it won't be long before you've got that little cutie in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Child birth will be the most rewarding (and in a really twisted way) FUN thing you will ever do. There is nothing like it. Sit back, relax, and let God take control and enjoy that beautiful baby after it's all over with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and might I add, I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!