Wednesday, January 20, 2010

He He

I have a new follower/friend on the blog, and it's my cousin. Was kinda pleasantly surprised. Especially since I'm the odd ball of the family who traveled oh say 1,300 miles away from home to marry a weird scientist. (Although I have another cousin in Spain, but he's in the military). Oh, well. I blame it on my parents. Neither one of which are southern. My dad is a yankee from Boston who moved to Mississippi. I guess being nomadic is partly his fault. My hubby is odd too. He comes from a closely knit family who live in the same geographic area. Only the younger people in his clan have moved and that's for school reasons. That's why he moved. But he's still odd. He's working on his doctorate and has a degree in physics. Most of his family are blue collar workers or are teachers. I supposed that's why hubby and I understand each other. We're "different."

Anyways it's 2:30 am and the baby has finally settled down (thank God because I thought that I was dying for a while there. His little head is trying to move down). So I need to eat a snack and go to bed before my brain stops working. I hope that no one has to stay up til 2:30 because their kid can't quiet down. Oh, well. Par for the course. In about week, I will be up at 2:30 but only for feedings, diaper changings, etc. I'll never get to sleep through the night again, but that's okay I'm getting used to sleeping only four hours at a stretch. Kids take naps and I like naps.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for new blog readers!

    Glad he settled down. Hate to tell ya, but I think I have another night owl. My first is really hard to get to sleep... I've got her on a schedule that works for us, but... she still wakes up at night. I think the newborn wakings are much much easier lol. On the upside, I have gotten full nights of sleep here and there... so it is possible!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!