Friday, February 5, 2010

The delivery

I forgot to mention that during the time my friend left another friend stepped in to help out. We called her and fortunately her schedule had opened up. And my in-laws showed up from out of town as well.

Then about 3pm I was ready to push. That was the hard part because I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong for about an hour. They ended up using a mirror. It's very freaky to see yourself that way. Twords the end I could feel his head which gave me something to push against. Then the dr pulled him out declaring "come out here blondie boy" I got to hold him. He wasn't wailing like you see in the movies. It was sort of a cry and more like- finally. And he wasn't slimy either. Then I cut his chord. Why me? I don't know. They whisked him away to weigh him and whatnot and I got stitched up. I was shaking real hard from all the adrenolin. They brought him back and I fed him. After a while they tranfered us to the mother/baby unit.

Maybe tomorrow. I'll talk about that part.

2 comments:

  1. Aww congrats! I'm glad it went well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story! I would have been soooooo stressed out about going to the hospital if Paul was home sick too! Prayers that everyone is feeling better and getting as much sleep as you possibly can!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!