Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lots of Time

My son took a long nap today. I woke up after three hours and he's still snoozing which has given me abundant time to fix up my blog. Don't worry he's fine. He had an hour long lunch on the boobies. Strange thing to call them, but I think it's cute. I even have my own theme song based on Limp Bisket's Nookie (and no I'm not a fan, I just study all music, can't help it it's in my blood). Here it goes: The Boobie, the boobie, I did it for the boobie, so you can take that nipple and stick it in my mouth, and stick it in my mouth Why that rolls around in my head when I'm feeding him, I can't tell ya. Just does. I suppose it's appropriate since he roots often.

I have a lot of posts in my head, but I'm not sure when I will be able to type up the book reviews and my recipes for Mardi Gras (woops). I'm sure that he will wake up soon so I'm not pushing it to start on something and not get a chance to finish. Besides I need a snack and to go pee. I know TMI. What can I say, I'm learning the art of time management. I can't wait til he's three months. Then I can get him on a stricter schedule of taking two naps during the day whether he likes it or not. Right now he fights sleep. But once he's out. He's out.

Oh, feeling better. Still a little nerve wracked about my parents leaving on Sunday evening. Hubby will be hitting his nose to the grind stone because he has a conference the first week of March and then he wants to graduate in May. Yeah, not looking forward to doing everything on my own, but the pump thing is working. I was able to get a little over half an ounce this morning. I'm hoping that before my parents leave I'll have built up a good supply and have stuff for the night feedings for when hubby is gone. I need to maximize sleep and grabbing a bottle out of the fridge and feeding the baby that way will be a ton easier. He'll get his fill and eat fast and then I can change him quickly and hopefully go back to sleep. We'll see. Like I said he fights it. But he'll be a month old by then, so maybe his sleeping schedule will shift again.

Uh, oh. I see peepers!!! Running out of time. Uh, oh. I think I heard a fart or a poo. Maybe that was it, cause he's closed his eyes again.

1 comment:

  1. LOL I love the song.

    Glad things are going so well.. and believe me that time will fly!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!