Monday, February 8, 2010

My Blunder

So I've been trying to figure out this cloth diaper dilemma. Fortunately my neighbor bought disposable diapers that were too big. We didn't realize this until he started peeing on us which is why there is now a large load of clothes in the dryer. The ones from the hospital were newborn marked. Her's were for babies 8-15 lbs. So we've had to strap them on tight so that they won't leak through the legs.

Since our initial escapade of cloth, I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong? Then it hit me. The covers I bought were for size 8-15 lbs also. They are a little to big. I should have bought a few newborn covers. And I probably should have bought a snappi. Oh well I'm learning. At the time I bought the covers and prefolds I had no idea how big he would be. But it's not a waste, he will grow into them.

In the mean time I'm going to try a few options. I plan on running to the store after he wakes up to be fed (which we're not sure about since it's been a while since he's eaten). I think I'll buy some safety pins since I'd have to order the snappis online. Our local baby boutique shut down shortly before Christmas. I can try safety pinning him into the prefolds and putting the covers on as tight as I can get them. Or I can resolve to order a few newborn covers until he can grow into the ones we have. I guess that's what I get for being a cheap mommy.

Now if only we could work out a way that his day schedule (sleeping long hours during the day) and his night schedule (up a lot wanting to eat constantly) are flipped. They say this is hard. You have to start waking them up a lot during the day. For now, I don't care. We're getting sleep!! I'll try flipping his schedule next week.

And then there will be the breast pump search.

I think that for the next two months all I will be focused on is eating, sleeping, and poos/pees.

2 comments:

  1. Aww.. sorry I'm so looking forward to all this. We are def planning to get NB sized covers, if for no other reason than the cord cutout lol. You brought up another good point though. Oh and snappies are wonderful things, any age/size... I'm excited we can now get them in store here, but w/ Kalila we couldn't.

    Btw.. comp understood on the leaking out disposables.. but not for the same reason lol. W/ Kalila every brand did that.. We tried going up a size, down a size.. nothing worked. It was awful lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations on the baby :)
    I'm sure you'll get the hang of things in no time!

    such an exciting time, I'll be praying for you.
    ~Nikki

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!