Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Night updates

So with all the night issues, hubby and I did what we do best (since we're like major brainyacks) we researched. Before the birth I brought home from the library a book on sleeping. Hubby started reading it as soon as we lost ours only to discover that it's only appropriate for children 4 months and older. This despite the cover saying birth to five years. The book did recommend another book for the little guys so we reserved that book and the dvd. I got it yesterday. So far things are going well based on the books techniques. But hubby says to be accurate we should give the techniques another night before I write a review of the book and dvd. Suffices to say that our son is much calmer.

Now we're facing the dilemma of when hubby has to return to work which is like Friday. And then in about two weeks he'll be out of town for five days. I think that I will have to take grave yard shift and sleep during the day. Hubby has agreed to take over some of the household duties so that I can sleep during the day. I'm not sure what's going to happen during the five days he's gone. Since our son will be a little over a month old, I'm hoping by that point we will have gotten a good enough routine that I won't have difficulty spending five days by myself. Plus I'm sure I can ask for help from my friends and MOPS cohorts.

BTW major shout out to the MOPS. They are totally awesome for hooking us up with food!!! Cooking is one less thing we have to deal with. I guess I'm going to have to whip out my quick meals or crock pot meals for the next few months. I'm glad that I went on a cooking frenzie while pregnant. It helped me figure out stuff that I can set up and leave alone to cook or can cook in a matter of minutes. It's too bad that I won't be going cooking crazy for Mardi Gras this year. It's one of my favorite holidays. But I will post up my recipes online for those who are interested.

2 comments:

  1. Looking fwd to seeing those recipes!

    As for the sleep thing... Glad its been working for yall. I honestly didn't try anything for quite awhile at first, but Kalila slept very well as a newborn (I ended up waking her up to eat lol)... and I really didn't expect to get her on a routine anyway... She started sleeping through the night at 2 months and we were shocked/excited... 4 months later all yeah broke loose lol. Took me awhile before I tried a book method, and there were ups and downs to that too. We find things that work, then they stop, back to repeat cycle. I may have told ya this already though. Brain fried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you haven't told me about the schedule.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!