Monday, April 26, 2010

Annoying the Consumers

I'm a consumer. I buy goods and services. Usually the people that I buy goods from are not calling me but lately the service providers have been annoying the heck out of me. "Mrs. Fill in the Blank we'd like to evaluate your telephone service that we provide." "Is First Name, Last Name there? This is Such and Such Credit Card Company and we'd like to provide you with this trial service free for the first three months." Here's my response dripping with sacrasm "joy." And sometimes they even have the gall to ask if I have the time. And then I say "No, I have an infant at home."

This evening my telephone company, Qwest, there I said it, called me and the first thing she asked after she asked for me was "how are you doing this evening?" My response, "I'm angry. I have a child asleep. Thank you and good bye." Then I hung up the phone. And I am on the do not call list, but there's this loop hole that if they provide you service they can call you.

And the worst of it, the very tired baby boy who had a total of 1 1/2 hours of nap time today woke up. His schedule is so messed up. I've gone to plan C: The four naps an hour each every two hours. Starting it tomorrow. It should look like this.

Wake: 6:00am
Nap: 8:00am-9
Nap: 11:00am-12 noon
Nap: 2:00pm-3:00pm
Nap: 5:00pm- 6:00pm
Bed Time: 8:00pm

Crossing my fingers, holding my breath, knocking on wood, saying a Hail Mary,....

Well enough ranting. I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Aww I'm sorry. I can't stand those calls either. Lately I've had another call issue... My mom used me as a loan reference w/out telling me & hasn't paid... so they've been calling me to get ahold of her. I finally got them to stop, but it took a lot. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately nobody's done that with me, but if they did, I guess I'm mean this way, I'd tell the creditors where that person was. I figure if I pay my bills on time so should others. Or don't get yourself into debt. People tend to buy things that they can't afford.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah.. if it'd been anyone but my mom I prob would have. As it is it really ticked me off... She should know better by now.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!