Saturday, April 17, 2010

Earth Day Celebration

Today HB and I went to an Earth Day Celebration by the city. Yeah, I know it's a little early since Earth Day is on the 22nd. It was a family affair with lots of great resources about water conservation, protection of animals, promotion of native plant species and gardening, cleaning healthy, recycling, and even an eco-friendly children's store. It was totally awesome and exciting. I got a lot of information and even acquired a free Cheerios book from the freecycle booth. I'll make sure to clean it so that when the baby starts eating Cheerios it will not have some other baby's slobber.

I've also been reading Dr. Ferber's book which I was hesitant about. Turns out that there are a lot of misconceptions about his thoughts on parenting. And his book is really good. He cites his sources and to my knowledge the information is accurate. He also writes a really professionally written book which is so well worded that I plan on quoting it when I finish reading it and am ready to write a review.

And that's my Saturday in a nutshell. So much more to come stay tuned...ur....keep reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!