Friday, May 28, 2010

My Giant Cake of Caca

There will be no Peace Activist post today. My giant cake of caca is going to topple. Hubby is not doing any better nor is he doing any worse. The doctor tells him to be patient and wait it out. Either his fever will get higher where he'll need more medical measures or he will get better. So I put the baby down for his nap and tried to sneak out to go to the grocery store. I got in my car and started to back up and thought that I was dragging something. I got out and realized...you've probably already figured this part out...that I had a flat. Hubby is sick so he can't change my tire and there is no way in Helsinki that I'm going to juggle an unhappy baby and simultaneously change a flat or beg my neighbor to do it for me while juggling an unhappy baby. So we made the executive decision for me to go and drive the car around the corner (literally about 500 feet) to the tire place while the baby slept. I knew that I was going to have to replace my tires at some point just not today. We've had a string of car issues. Hubby has had to replace his tires, he had to get bolts for his muffler, and he has had to replace the battery (and get new nuts for it). And now we've had to replace the tires on my car. Currently the baby is awake but he is not screaming so I'm not moving. I need a moment to vent my growing frustration. Anyway...so I laid down 400 dollars and walked home. I have to wait an hour til they can be replaced and then maybe I will attempt again to sneak out of the house to go to the store. I'm starting to hate peanut butter and jelly and I'm in no mood for tuna fish.

And this is the reason there will be no Peace Activist of the Week today. My heart is just not in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!