Friday, June 4, 2010

Book Review- The Enduring Flame Trilogy

I meant to write this post yesterday, but I went into cleaning mode and completely exhausted myself.

I finally finished the last book of the Enduring Flame Trilogy. This series of books are written by two fantasy book writers: Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory. It picks up on a world that they had previously created for a different series of books. I have not read those books yet. I have read The Phoenix Unchained, the Phoenix Transformed, and the Phoenix Endangered (I think that I have them out of order but oh well).

If you love dragons, mages, unicorns, and elves these books are for you. It's also a coming of age story about two teenage boys. The last books takes place entirely in the desert. The people who live there show what it means to live in a desert and how to preserve the resource of water. You know that I gotta love that part. Living in the desert, I've also learned how precious water is and get angry when people squander it.

The only downside of the series is that there is a lot of traveling and that gets a little boring to me even though they are being pursued by evil forces.

Oh, the baby is crying. I won't give you much more than that because I don't want to spoil it for you. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Sounds like one I'd like too. I've really gotten into fantasy books lately..

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!