Sunday, July 18, 2010

Birthday Wishes

Yesterday was my birthday. I had a great day. HB had gained weight, 13 oz according to the doctor. And we don't have to visit her again until his six month check-up. So I've been bad and haven't really pumped much. But the main thing is that I spent the day worrying a lot less.

We took him swimming (I'll upload pics on the other site). He'd never been a pool before because he's so pale. He reminds me of my brother who goes white to red in about 30 seconds (I'm exaggerating but the man doesn't tan). I got a nice phone call from my parents and my brother called me too. Hubby and I made my birthday cake. He made the cake from a box and I made icing from scratch. It was fun. We also went to Sweet Tomatoes with some friends and came back for the cake. They have a daughter who is 1 1/2 years old. She was so jealous that her mom was holding HB. It was funny. Then I made some more food for HB.

So my birthday wishes:
1) to own a Diesel engine car so I can run it off of biodiesel (it's so cool. I didn't know that Diesel engineered the engine to work from peanut oil).
2) to convince my HOA to get rid of the grass and other non-native vegetation and plant native plants
3) to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan
4) to severe ties with China at least manufacturing wise
5) to get Hubby to go to church (this is always a struggle)
6) for HB to remain healthy and happy
7) for other people's babies to remain healthy and happy
8) the end of severe hunger and starvation
9) the end of govt. subsidizing of big farms
10) more US sustainable jobs
11) my friends to find feasible solutions to their problems
12) hubby to graduate soon
13) to end our dependence on oil
14) to makes laws in every state protecting the rights of nursing moms and NIP

It's a tall order but all it takes is one person to try and start somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. This is an amazing list!---(isn't biodiesel amazing???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I dream a little too big. But Biodiesel is totally cool. I am a little worried about the rising price of corn and soybeans, but they are working on what they term third generation stuff that works with algae. Using biodiesel in Europe is all the rage. You can find diesel engine cars there easily and here too if you look at used car lots. It's so cool. Hubby thinks I'm nuts. He says if we buy a car that uses used cooking oil we're going to have trouble with vermin. I haven't of that being a problem, but what do I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that is possible to be a problem if you happen to live in an area where you might see a bunch of animals around you wouldn't really want around...and didn't take the energy to clean up any oil that happened to spill on the ground or something. I know back in high school I used to work at a fast food restaurant...and everything got greasy...but...it was also full of a bunch of high school kids, getting paid 6.50 an hour, who really didn't care what the floor or outdoors looked like...not a home...hehe. Still...only animal we ever had an encounter with was a skunk...lol (hid itself in this little chute we would take the used oil in and out of the restaurant with....happened to wonder out of it when we brought it in the kitchen one day....THAT was interesting...haha)

    The price WILL start to go down though..if more people start using it. (same with the whole E85 issue right now)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday!! I hope you had a great day and that some of your wishes come true! (Especially #s 5-8!!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!