Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week in Review

This week has been nuts. And it's not even over yet.

Sunday: It was actually pretty relaxing Sunday. I went to Mass and everything. I also went and picked up stuff for the ceremony on Monday night. I ended up staying at my friend's house a little longer than probably she or I would have liked. We were both pretty tired. My friend is a librarian (no sorry, Catholic librarian, she is actually Methodist). She works at a community college and like Catholic librarian she's been taking on some classes. Her schedule is all over the place because it is a community college so sometimes she works nights and others days. I felt bad for her. She stored all the ritual stuffs for me because shortly before HB was born I passed it on to her. I knew that I wouldn't be able to come to many of the meetings so she took on my position for me and stored the items until next year. So now, I have them again. I think I've been VP ritual for a three years now.

Monday: Monday was an easy day. That evening was an SAI pledging ceremony. They are reactivating the U's chapter and since our alum chapter is in the same city, we have to perform a lot of the rituals. Sorry I can't tell you much more than that because if I did, I'd have to kill you. Just kidding! :) But seriously, I can't tell you much. This pledge class, though, is really strong. Their president has been heading up the group for a while. They're very committed to reactivating the chapter, and us alums are so excited. The SAI chapter at the U has always had problems in the past.

And for the record, SAI is not a social fraternity. It's a music fraternity. Yes, we have secrets. I'm also a member of Kappa Delta Pi, an honorary education society, Pi Kappa Lambda, an honorary music society, and Phi Kappa Phi, a cross-disciplinary honorary society. Hubby is actually member of Phi Kappa Phi too. I didn't know about that until I checked the mail one day after we were married and got really confused. Hubby renews his membership and I haven't in years. Life's funny that way. I remember when I first was initiated the guy said he had met another Phi Kappa Phi in the African jungle. So we're everywhere.

Tuesday: I spent the entire day cleaning like a crazy fool because I received notice to expect Mammita. Didn't even take a shower until that evening and then was to relax my aching back. And it was International Day of Peace. I totally forgot to pray at noon so I did so in someone elses time zone. Woops. Well, I did it anyway. Did you?

Wednesday: Well, you know about Wednesday. MOPS and then Mammita. Poor HB felt like he needed much more Mommy and HB time. But he'll have to get used to it at some point.

Today: I went to BSG and HB has lost two ounces. It's to be expected after his hunger strike and now he propels himself across the floor instead of rolls. He's trying to get those knees under him, but hasn't succeeded. And he loves chasing the cats already. *sigh* So he's getting a work out. He uses his arms and pushes with his feet. And yes, I will try to remember to get a video. I just need some cats to come out of hiding first.

Also my friend pregnant with twins is in labor. I need to give her a pseudonym. Let me think for a second...how about Trisha. I knew a person in hs with that name so hopefully that won't be too confusing. She was induced this morning. I stopped by while she was in early labor. We've been waiting to hear something, but I don't imagine anything will really happen until in the morning. When I stopped by, her husband, Drew (not his real name either), and her sister Marilyn and brother-in-law Nate were all there (again not their real names either).

Trisha reads my blog, although I doubt she is doing that or will be doing that any time soon. But our thoughts, prayers, and blessings are with you tonight, Trisha. If you need anything, let me know. And remember, you can still call me at 3 am if you are having trouble with latch ons and stuff. I might be asleep since HB finally does sleep, but I'm not so far removed that I can't rouse myself enough to drive a car. Oh, and Drew, oatmeal. Lots of oatmeal. Trust me, when I say it helps with milk production, I mean it. A lady at BSG said she becomes a river when she eats the stuff.

2 comments:

  1. HB gave them to ZJ lol. I weighed him today and all he gained this last week was 2 oz. I'm not worried, but a little surprised.

    Hope your friends birth went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they slow down when they get moving. Nate told me that his daughter was 90 percentile in height and 5 percentile in weight. So it isn't just HB who is tall and thin. I figured not to get to upset about it. Overall he's gaining not loosing. If he looses more next week, then I may call the pedi. She'll probably tell me to get his blood tested or to hold off for another couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!