Monday, February 28, 2011

From my Challenge Readings

CCC 299: On many occasions the Church has had to defend the goodness of creation, including that of the physical world.

CCC 309: If God the Father almighty, the Creator of the ordered and good world, cares for all his creatures, why does evil exist?

CCC 312: In time we can discover that God in his almighty providence can bring a good from the consequences of evil, even a moral evil, caused by his creatures:...

Also have realized that I don't own the compendium. What I own is The Essential Catholic Handbook which quotes a lot from the CCC. Oh poo.

I was trying to find some interesting quotes from Numbers, but basically there is this: a man gets stones for gathering wood on the Sabbath, Miriam get leprosy for questioning Moses authority, the elders have sticks put in the tabbernacle and Aaron's sprouts, the Israelites want meat so God gives them quail, and Moses splits a rock with his staff for water. Nothing really got me other than you shouldn't question God to much or he gets really angry.

So what have you been working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!