Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lying

On Thursday, my in-laws and my son and husband and I went out to eat. I brought a snack knowing that HB would have to wait for food. He started eating the wrapper of his snack so I took it from him and told him that I threw it in the garbage. It just sorta came out of my mouth. After I said it, I realized that I had lied. Not on purpose mind you. But I realized that in all the years of working with young children, I had said similar things to them. I was going to throw it out but I hadn't yet. But any amount of justification doesn't matter, I lied. Confession here I come.

Similarly, the group Live Action put together a sting operation. In the course of a couple of weeks, two people posed as a pimp and a prostitute and claimed that they were seeking information about services for their underage prostitutes. They were trying to catch Planned Parenthood doing illegal things. There cause was noble, but they were lying.

I subscribe to Pulp.It, a Catholic news source, and read a great article explaining that while Live Action had the best of intentions, they're lie was very very wrong. You can read the article here. While they didn't bomb the clinic or shot at the doctors, it's still morally wrong.

Oh, and HB's weight is up. He's 17 lbs. 9 oz. Thanks for all the prayers, hugs, and well-wishes. I need to e-mail Hubby about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!