Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Going Out with a Bang

Today is Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras. It's a huge thing for me. I usually go all out Southern here in the desert and make a gumbo, corn bread, and a king cake (which I have tweaked over the years). This year Hubby is out of town so making a king cake didn't happen although hopefully I'll make Irish bread and tea for St. Patty's Day.

It's also the last day before my sabbatical. I call it that because while it is giving up blogging for Lent, it's more like a time for introspection. Professors spend time teaching and then take a sabbatical to regroup and learn something new. I'm wanting that for myself this Lent.

But don't worry. I'll leave you with a bang. Hope you like Skillet, they're a Christian heavy metal/rock band, and one of my favorites.

1 comment:

  1. I know you won't see this anytime soon... sorry our internet and cable were out last night! I hope you have a blessed Lent & enjoy your blogging break.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!