Friday, May 27, 2011

Open Letter to Stephani

Dear Stephani,
I prefer to call you Stephani since that is your name. I call myself Deltaflute for online anonymity since I’m a private citizen not a public figure, but you’re more than welcome to call me by my real name since that is what I expect everyone else to call me.

I want to have a mother to young woman/female “role model” chat. I’m very upset at some of the comments you made to the American Idol contestant, Scotty McCreery. He’s a young teenager and minor. What were you thinking? And those shoes. How appropriate do you think it is for children to see those shoes? American Idol is a family show. The finale in particular was disturbing. Provocative positions are not cool.

Also I know that you are a follower of Jesus, but I point out that Jesus was not an immodest man. Dressing in scanty clothing was not Jesus approved. I’m concerned that you are more of an exhibitionist than a performance artist.

I applaud your efforts to make people comfortable with themselves, but am concerned that you are speaking to only those who lead a over-sexualized lifestyle. I’m comfortable being myself. I think wearing conservative skirts or dresses and no make-up is an expression of myself. I have a hard time believing that you would ever invite someone like me to be on stage with you to sing “Jesus Loves Me.” If you would then I apologize, but it seems that you encourage promiscuity and liberalism then conservative mannerisms and dress. There’s nothing wrong with me. I’m not a “little monster.”

I understand that you are young and exploring how you fit into this world. And I hope and pray for your sake that when you have children you will tone it down. Madonna did. In the meantime, I implore you to take in consideration what you are teaching young children. You can be an awesome person without being promiscuous and provocative. I hope that you will learn that along the way.

Sincerely,
Deltaflute
A concerned mother

Ps. Let me introduce you to Laurie Anderson. She’s a renown performance artist.
O, Superman (sorry glitch in Youtube won't let me embed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!