Saturday, December 3, 2011

Spanking Revisited

Go to Elizabeth Esther's blog to read about her interview with Anderson Cooper (which aired yesterday for most people) in which she talks about the Pearl's methods as being cold, calculating, and abusive. 

Unfortunately, as Elizabeth said a number of commentors/supporters of the Pearls are already reeling about the interview.  It's really quite sad how people manipulate the Bible to the point that they use it as a justification for spanking.  I'm just going to link what I've said before.  This post is about how spanking is not a Biblical mandate and this one is about how people ignore how the Bible talks about gently disciplining children.  If you'd like to talk about the topic some more, by all means.  I may or may not be around to reply.  I mean I am after all in my own version of Advent (waiting for the arrival of my second son).

And we've already covered the topic of obedience.  I should mention that the Bible says to honor your parents, which is different than blind obedience.  (Ephesians 6:2, Mark 7:10, Exodus 20:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!