Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Diapers

I've recently discovered that one of the burrows has a shop.  Well, I knew that before, but that the owner also produces their own line of cloth diapers, which I only recently discovered.  My MIL lives in Cotton Babies territory, makers of Bum Genius.  I can't buy Bum Genius because part of their production line is in China (ie anything that's microterry).  It's a bit of a bummer because I've always heard raves about BG's so I sit and sulk.

Instead I've got an addiction to Thirsties covers, Tot Bots (made in Scotland), and lately Swaddlebees (another US company) big time.  I think if I had it to do over I would have a diaper stash of prefolds with Thirsties covers and Tots Bots (with a few Swaddlebees in there for good measure as they use snaps and Tots Bots doesn't...well they do but I'd have to buy them directly).

But then angels sang and I thought "Oh, I live near a production line?"  Actually no.  I contacted the main site (not the store itself) and discovered to my upset that the diapers are MIC.

Now I live in an area, shall we say, crawling with illegals.  There is no good reason why this company needs to produce stuff in China.  If I want my dollars to go to a sweat shop, why can't it go to one here at home.  Alright.  I know not funny.

How about I volunteer to make them?  Yeah.  Yeah.  Isn't that what Thirsties does?  Why can't I make these diapers?  I've got a machine.  I can sew.  I can use the diapers (er um income).

Maybe I should contact them again and explain why I can't buy their diapers.  And simultaneously turn in an application.  Because their diapers are cute.

Dang you Chinese manufacturing.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of that scene. Vader never says, "Luke, I am your father." He says, "No, I am your father."

    Don't believe me?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6sj89xgnl4
    You can skip ahead to the 1:30 mark.

    There's also this (at the bottom)
    http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/List_of_misquotations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that's an adorable diaper!

    And if it makes you feel better about BG's, I have used them and am not a fan. At all. I did like them for the first year that we had them, but they fell apart really fast and after using other brands they just don't compare.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!