Friday, May 11, 2012

Oh, you know I have to say something

Oh, I'm sure by now you've seen the sh*t hit the fan over this little doozy.

I sent a link to my husband.  I told him we should find out where these kids go to preschool and send our children there.  We'll see what he says.

I think people are blowing it way out proportion.  The "lovely" women of the View have all said it's disgusting including Elisabeth Haselbeck.  I have to ask her this question:  Do you think it's disgusting to know that Jesus was breastfed until at least the age of three?

There is such a disconnect over what our ancestors did naturally and what people in the other parts of the world do and what goes on in Western society.

I'm sure you've heard it before.  "If they can talk, they shouldn't breastfeed."  "Breastfeeding while pregnant is bad for the baby."

I have to roll my eyes.  Both my sons are happy with the arrangement.  My oldest is a twig.  You know what he ate today: a fist full of cereal, tiny snack size biscuits, milk, bread with mayo, and chips.  I try to feed him foods.  I offer him everything under the sun.  He'd rather starve or rather breastfeed.

Oh, you can criticize me and say he's holding out but picky eaters run in my family.  I'm a finicky eater.  I'm not a fan of cooked veggies.  My mother hates mashed potatoes from a box and cheese burgers.  I have cousin who won't eat eggs (and a whole host of other stuff).  There's nothing I can do about it.  I've read all of the suggestions.  I use them all.  Short of holding him down and forcing him to eat.....he's just going to be this way the rest of his life.  Blame the gene pool we come from.  It's not our fault.

But at least he likes breastmilk and it fills in the void.

His brother is a healthy hefty weight.

I also know that breastfeeding is the best way to calm the chaotic storms.  It's also their way of relaxing and falling asleep and connecting to their mother when I've been away for any length of time.

They're 2 and 5 months old.  They are not some 12 year old boys.  They haven't a clue about sexual urges.  It's crazy to suggest it and it's even crazier to suggest that of me.  I'm a tired strung out woman.  My sexual urges don't exactly peek these days regardless of the extended nursing.  Extended nursing actually allows me to get more rest because I can pop in a video and boob and lay on the couch without fear.  But I suppose the ladies of the View don't understand.  Not with their nannies and all.

But oh, we have to worry about women's sex lives with extended nursing because it's crazy to think that a woman may not be up for it for other reasons or...or worse to think it interfers somehow.  Personally the pill interferes with sexual desires and suppresses them.  Breastfeeding illicits bonding.  Which do you think makes more sense to get some bedroom action going on?

But no...it's okay for Vicky's to have scantily clad tv shows and photos, but not to watch a toddler do what they've done for centuries.....eat.  Oh, boy.  Grow up.  Get over it.  It's not your family.  It's not your breasts.  My children will not be traumatized and hey, maybe they'll learn something the ladies of the View obviously don't understand.  Breasts aren't just for sex.

And by the way, I'm not the only one (if you go to this link, keep in mind it's gotta lot of cursing in it).

But let's be realistic there are other things out there that should definitely make people vomit.  And is the View talking about that?  Hmmm....

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!