Sunday, May 20, 2012

St. Anthony Pulled Through


St. Joseph, the patron saint of carpenters, hasn't been doing a bit of work on my chairs.  They all seem to fall apart, but that's a whole other blog post.  However, St. Anthony has pulled through.

Today we went to go eat out for lunch.  So I strapped in the baby and stupidly forgot my keys on top of the roof the car.  Hubby was strapping in HB while I locked up the house.  We crank the car and turn off our cross street to the freeway.  Get on freeway and here, thunk, thunk, thunk.  At first we thought it was dirt or something we hit, until Hubby said it was my keys....

I started to sob.  I had already lost one set of keys which probably suffered a similar fate.  And here I was screwing up...again.  We turned around and got back on the freeway and pulled onto the shoulder.  And there they were sitting right in front of us on the shoulder, slightly dinged up, and me thanking whoever up there decided to be on my side today.  Poor Hubby had to remind me that it would be okay; there are worse things I could have done wrong.



After all was said and done, I've decided that key flinging is an over rated sport.  I'm going to look for a key chain thingy (see Tom's keys for example) that will clip to my skirts since for whatever reason designers don't make women's clothing utilitarian (ie with pockets).

Today ended with an up note.  We spent a large chunk of the afternoon/evening at the pool with a bunch of our neighbors celebrating a birthday.  It was loud.  It was social.  And I got to swim which is rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!