Thursday, June 14, 2012

You know as much as I do

I got another call about my lab results (about dang time).  My thyroid is fine.  My liver.....the nurse's message was cryptic.  "You're liver results are still abnormal. Dr.O would like you to have an ultrasound scheduled.  Please call back so we can write you an order."

Great.

So what does that mean?

I called her but they are closed for the day to ask what she means by abnormal since my 23 or so years ago history may have come back to haunt me.

I've always known that life is short and sweet and I have managed to keep my liver going as normal as anyone else's for the last 23 years or so of it.

But if it's my liver that kills me, well, I won't be shocked.  I guess I can't take any Tylenol again today.  And I wish I could.  I suppose I should just suck it up and offer it up to anyone stuck in purgatory.

And my husband thinks my health problems are nothing to sweat over.

But maybe it turns out that it's something manageable again....

Don't you just love it when medical professionals aren't very straight with you?

2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!