Sunday, July 29, 2012

Confession, Dopplegangers, Jumper Cables, and More

I went to confession on Saturday.  I went to the blue hair, Filipino church because it's closer.  I got there early and I was pulling in decided that I could take the opportunity for prayer and reflection in the sanctuary.  When I got to the area to park, there were cars there.  Okay, no biggee.  Stuff happens at parishes on Saturdays.

I walked into the sanctuary about 5 minutes early and was completely surprised.  Standing in line were three people waiting.  The priest was already hearing confessions.  And then more people showed up after me.  Young people too.  I thought "Hey, is it Lent or something?"  because that's normally when I see this amount of people.  It was a bit of a shocker.  A nice one.  And then to add to it, another priest (I'm assuming retired) walked in.  What?!  I have never, ever in my life had more than one priest hearing confession except for the Advent public confessional Mass thingy.  That's it.  Never.

Oh, but it gets better.  In walked my ex-boyfriend...well, I thought so at first.  And I was about to smile and say, did you move here or something.  But then he didn't recognize me and his demeanor was different....and hey wait, he's not wearing glasses....oh, and he's...uh, taller?  I am this close to sending my ex a facebook message saying "hey, I met your twin."

Then today we loaded up the kids to go to an earlier Mass (huzzah, we did it) only to find that the engine wouldn't turn over.  So we bugged the neighbor upstairs to help jump us off.  We owe him some brownies.  Anyways...got to Mass just in time for the Gospel.  I was so all aflutter that it took a lot out of me to pay attention.  Even Hubby made comments.

Have you heard/seen this song?



Every time I hear it for some odd reason I picture nuns.  Yes, nuns.  Dancing and singing to the parody that I made up in my head.  Oh, heck throw in some priests too.

I threw a wish in the well, 
Don't ask me, 
I'll never tell  
I looked to you as it fell, 
 And now you are the way



I'd give my soul for this wish,  
Pennies and dimes for the bliss 

I wasn't looking for this,
But now you are the way


Your stare was holdin',
 Ripped skin, 
scars was showin'  
Hot day, wind was blowin'  
Where you think you're going Jesus?


Hey, I just met you,  
And this is crazy,  
You've got my number,
So call me, maybe?


It's hard to look right,
At you Jesus,
You know my number,  
So call me, maybe?


Hey, I just met you,  
And this is crazy,  
You know my number,
 So call me, maybe?


And all the other boys,  
Try to change me,
You know my number,  
So call me, maybe?


You took your time with the call,  
I took no time with the fall  
You gave me new life and all,
And still, you are the way
I praise, and follow and kneel 

Have foresight and it's real
I didn't know I would feel it,
And it is the way

Your stare was holdin',
 Ripped skin, 
scars was showin'  
Hot day, wind was blowin'  
Where you think you're going Jesus?


Hey, I just met you,  
And this is crazy,  
You've got my number,
So call me, maybe?


It's hard to look right,
At you Jesus,
You know my number,  
So call me, maybe?


Hey, I just met you,  
And this is crazy,  
You know my number,
 So call me, maybe?


And all the other boys,  
Try to change me,
You know my number,  
So call me, maybe?


Before you came into my life I missed you so bad 
 I missed you so bad  
I missed you so, so bad
Before you came into my life 
I missed you so bad  
And you should know that I missed you so, so bad
 
Now do you see the dancing nuns?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!