Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Cake

We have a tradition in our family.  The person whose birthday it is gets to chose their cake and usually I make it for them.  Since Hubby can't cook let alone bake or frost a cake, I made my own cake.  It's a chocolate/chocolate cake.  Now I'm a novice when it comes to cake decorating and those dots are supposed to be flowers.  Considering when all was said and done the kids were getting antsy so that's how it turned out.

In my future I foresee my children making valiant attempts at "helping" me bake my own cake.  And rolling their eyes when they are teenagers and trying to pass the buck onto one another so they don't have to make me a cake.  But one day, I hope not to have to make my own dang cake.  Sure Hubby could buy me a cake, but I prefer the homemade variety.  Something about transfat in shelf stable frosting that makes me cringe.... 

But I also foresee a future where I end up practicing how to decorate a cake.  I just need to make a whole lotta frosting and use a whole lot of empty cereal boxes I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!