1) For finally (finally!) getting over this bug- This was the hardest-to-get-over bug I've had to deal with. I'm so glad it's over.
2) A Townhouse- Mostly because my husband can stop all his hand wringing about having two days to physically look at a rental before his start date and then two more days before departing for a conference. All of which hinges on him getting his passport back from the Canadian consulate. Now I get to hear about how much he hates moving. And then possibly later about how he hates moving again (since it's a 3 month lease because we haven't seen anything yet).
3) Good health of my teeth- It's always nice not to have to be told to go back to the dentist for drilling.
4) Healthy car- We only own one car and it's 6 years old. It's going to be the only one we own for a good long while.
5) For giving up the cats- While I miss them, it's making traveling easier. I'm thankful that we had them, but I'm also thankful that we don't. Does that make sense?
6) For my education- I've learned a lot over the years about leasing and being a landlord. It's proven to be very helpful in renting in a foreign country because I've peppered that poor fellow with so many questions about Canadian rental law that I otherwise wouldn't have thought about had I not rented so much in the first place.
7) Play areas- This week I took full advantage. There's a playground attached to the pediatrician's office and a play area at the car service area. You have no idea how difficult it is to take kids some places. People do not baby proof anything. And then they expect kids to sit in a tiny area for hours without touching stuff. They are insane. I wish my pedi babyproofed more. But that's okay. I didn't like them that much anyway between the no breast feeding during vaccination and it's okay to turn his car seat around. I'm so glad to be moving on. Clearly they don't stay up to date on these things.
8) Parks- We're guessing that we will be within walking distance of a park. Technically we are now, but it's hotter than Hades at the moment to the most safest one in walking distance. The other park while closer makes you cross over the on/off ramps of a major interstate. So I drive to that one.
9) Hubby- for acknowledging that the diatribes were getting to me and backing way the heck off....until today.
10) Knee- For making me laugh when he attempts to say "What's up?" He's speaking English but he's very hard to understand at this point. If it wasn't for him talking with his hands (gesturing, not sign language) and saying "up" I don't think I would have figured out what he was babbling about. Currently he also says eye and key. His vocab is increasing on a daily basis.
Oh, I figured out later that he wasn't saying catfood, but careful. That's what it's like with Knee sometimes too. Now I'm just more prepared to not second guess.