Clarks, rogers, and scotts...well, let me explain it this way. My professor said I was an anomaly. He said this "you know the answer, but you say it so quietly that nobody actually hears you." Yep, that's me. I really can't see myself fitting nice and snugly into anyone category. Clarks like being inside their own worlds. I do sometimes. But I've been known to throw and go to parties. Rogers like order and they like to follow in groups. Me not so much. If you see the state of my house, it is usually a wreck. My husband is the roger. I follow groups, but I also like to lead them too. So Scott? um not really. I don't really care to stand out or take major leadership roles. I like being the vice prez or treasurer or something. But that sounds like roger, but then you remember I am an older child so I take leadership roles too. Ahhh.... Let me explain how I've had to tell my husband to operate. "Since you are the picky one, you decide but stick to it and stop speculating your decision to death. Furthermore there are certain roles I am definitely in charge of like child rearing and others you are like paper work especially taxes. Okay? I don't care what movie we go see as long as it's not a horror or crude comedy. Give me veto power but don't give me all the power." I'm weird. Maybe you've got a better way to peg me down, because I've never scored the same way twice on a personality or learning style test. It's similar each time but yet different. Maybe what I've got is very well assimilated multiple personalities. That or I've assimilated my parents very well defined personalities. My father is a roger and my mother is the scott. My father's parents were clarks; my mother's were scotts. Go figure.
Okay, onto the Thankful things.
1) That my children are sleeping- Really. It's been that kinda week with one night were I got no sleep. They've been sick.
2) Free moving boxes- Awesome right? Especially since a lady was kind enough to let us take more since she's moving in town and we're moving out of country.
3) Tylenol- Even though I can't take it, it certainly helps a small child feel better.
4) Law- Law serves to protect people. It is awesome. Although it can be judges misinterpreting it that can be at issue.
|HB took this picture of his dad.|
5) My husband- He handles stress so much better than I. Plus he's been missing work to deal with moving related stuff and to let me sleep.
|What can I say. He likes to vacuum.|
6) Knee- because he loves to help clean and is willing to brush his teeth. See above about his personality.
|HB playing with his peg saints and his Bible. He's got quite an imagination.|
7) HB- who is my budding photographer but also has accepted the role being a big brother complete with kissing owies and wiping his brother's boogers away.
8) Family- Both our families are getting passports and my parents are crossing the border with us. Not to mention that they've kindly consented to having mail forwarded to them or being a US contact.
9) Prayer- There were times this week where I could not sleep or even keep calm without prayer.
10) Cool Weather- Hubby has said that they're predicting a new record of 119 F/ 48 C for our area tomorrow. I'm guessing we'll be hunkering down and watching more kids videos while packing this weekend.