Friday, June 7, 2013

Ten Things of Thankful (Vol.1)




Ten Things of Thankful




1) Job- Yes, I sound all whiny but it's mostly tongue in cheek.  I'm so thankful Hubby got a job.  

2) Health- Believe it or not I am thankful not to need medication.  Not having any alcohol or pain killers for over a year is a piece of cake to spending a week in the hospital at HB's age where nurses swam you and inject you with stuff or remove blood.  And then have the doctor's tell your parents that your dying.  So, um, yeah.  Happy my liver is mending itself.  

3) Dr. Bronner's Soaps- That stuff is divine with a nice soak in the tub.  Regular soaps (ie detergents) dry out my skin and cause ecema flair ups.  

4) For my kids- despite them being super clinging and bent on destroying things, they are for the most part healthy, happy bastions.  I can't imagine my life without either of them.

 5) My Husband- While we don't always meet eye to eye, lately we've been getting along marvellously especially since his stress level has been knocked down several feet.  

6) My Country- At least in my country I can say any inflammatory thing I want to and nobody can do ditly.  In Canada I have a feeling that I may get deported if I publically speak my mind.  

7) My Internet Buddies- Who have helped me mull over things and figure out just where I stand even if we don't agree about everything.  

8) Dishwashers- I will absolutely not survive in Canada if we rent a place without one.  

9) Coupons- I can't tell you how much I've saved by clipping coupons.  Why on earth did I not learn that I was throwing away money sooner?  

10) Water- One cannot live in the desert without water.  It's why there's no tax on it here and it's written into law that if someone asks you must provide them with water for free.

15 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad that you can say you're thankful for your Hubby's job - it's been a mission to get to this point and it's brilliant that things are starting to come together.

    I really hope you don't get deported from Canada - what will we do without your truth on here? If you're anything like as honest in Real Life, then it would be a shame to be silenced! Honesty is so vital.

    As for #10 - it's really a LAW that you have to provide someone with water for free? That's incredible! I had no idea there was actual legislation for this!

    Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im way too honest. Sometimes it gets me into trouble.

      Delete
  2. really?? (the water law thing)

    Rather interesting. I like the concept of Canada, but given how not-fond of winters in New England I am, I think the climate would do me in, before the end of the first year.

    Thanks for the Postation in the first '10 Thanks' bloghop! now if you would be so kind as to tell everyone you know, (both on the internet on anyone walking past your house with a phone or a laptop, to sign on and go to the site and sign in and sign on), that would be excellent.

    lol thanks for the great list (the 'making people sign on part' is my idea, not Considerer's lol don't tell her!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It applys to businesses. We have a huge homeless population. They usually install fountains. http://sc.lawforkids.org/speakup/view_question.cfm?id=226

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from Things of Thankful link up! :)

    I had no idea out the water - wow! Who knew! My sister does the coupon thing, too. She is a master at it! Honestly, it confuses me a lot. But I admire people like y'all who can do it! I really do need to learn.

    Lana, The Little Bitty Farmer
    http://lana88blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went for TWO YEARS without a dishwasher when mine became incontinent and leaked all over the kitchen floor. (My mother in law finally bought me one for my birthday.) Don't give in about moving to a place without one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me i wont. When i was single i also lived 2 years without. Lot harder to do now.

      Delete
  6. Life without medicine and needle sticks is most certainly something to be thankful for.
    I used to do the coupons quite well. It has gone by the wayside, now, though. I got busy and lazy all at the same time.
    It's things like dishwashers that we don't appreciate until they're gone, usually. Life without a dishwasher would make me very grouchy. Are dishwashers in Canada few and far between?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they have them. But its finding affordable housing with all the amenities thats tough.

      Delete
  7. I've never had a dishwasher... well I have a husband does that count?? =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I do identify with you. I just went through needle sticks for the last five weeks. I hope I am done for now. So nice to meet you. Are you moving to Canada? I will have to read your archives. :)

    http://mary-anderingcreatively.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-first-ten-things-of-thankful-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately i have another round of tests but hopefully thats it. Yes moving to canada from us.

      Delete
  9. I agree on everything apart from the soap (because I do not know it) Great list! Thank you so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers to dishwashers and to your liver mending itself. That's so scary and I'm glad that you're doing well. Congratulations on hubby getting a job. That's a big one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!