Monday, February 17, 2014

The Family Update

So I haven't written for a while.  It's mostly because Hubby is sick and we're not sure why.  His work is suffering so he's been morose about that.  I can tell when he becomes a crotchy old man whose health will give out with age, he's going to drive me nuts.  He does not suffer well.  As a result I do not suffer well either.  I can handle my own well enough, but dealing with those I get to be annoyed and pissy about it wishing they'd just suck it up and learn to suffer with the rest of us.  I know I need to work on that.

HB's behavior started to improve.  I knew it was doing well when he actually sat down and listened to a story at the library.  But now he's starting to slide a bit. 

And people worry about little kids defending themselves.  Ha!
This is what my face looked like about a month ago.  My lip swelled up twice it's size and the front part of it turned purple.  You see my four year old is a master head-butt-er.  If his head gets anywhere near you when he's mad, this is what he does.  At the time I was impacted, my top teeth sunk into (or rather where jammed into) my lip. 

It was, shall we say, extremely painful.  That's what my lip looked like about an hour after icing it.  It got worse.  I took a picture of it because I don't think people quite understand what I mean when I say "HB misbehaves."  And when I say that my husband had to separate HB from Knee because he was kicking him. 

What happened was I moved HB away from Knee after and told him that he needed to calm himself down.  In response, I got a fat lip.  I'm lucky he hasn't broken my teeth yet.  He did immediately figure out the full impact of it.  Despite his obvious temper, he is an extremely emotional kid.  He crumpled to the ground and started sobbing.  And clung to me, ice and all, while I screamed and cried (it frickin' hurt).  And that went on for several hours until he figured that I had forgiven him, again.

And yesterday, he got in trouble at church.  But today he's relaxed again.  I thought maybe it was diet related, but he eats so little as it is.  He's also started his bad habit of eating paper rather than asking for food.  I'm not sure it's related.  So far I can't figure out the rhyme or reason behind his mood swings.

He was doing well with pooping in the toilet, but then he regressed again. 

HB's birthday cake.
HB's birthday theme was Toy Story.  I made him a cowboy hat cake.  I just used a round cake pan and an oven-safe glass bowl.  Then I frosted it in chocolate frosting, which stuck a little too well and when I tried to spread it it would pull the cake in places.  But who cares.  I don't exactly make Pininterest worthy cakes, just edible ones.

Working on a puzzle
For gifts, he got a set of cars, a Buzz Lightyear doll (which both feet have broken off), a Woody doll, a game, and a Toy Story puzzle seen in the picture above.

Our Valentine was great.  Hubby being under the weather still ate food with us (his health issues are stomach/gut related).  We had a chocolate cake, salad, and fried cheese and spinach ravioli. 

The chocolate cake is called an In Side Out Chocolate Bundt Cake and was easy for the kids to make.  You need a box of devil's food cake, package of chocolate chips, package of instant chocolate pudding, two eggs, and 1 3/4 milk.  Mix together.  Put in a greased and floured bundt pan.  Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350.  Done.  It's so easy and really yummy.

Knee is talking up a storm.  His favorite phrases include "Okay?"  "Come on, HB." and "sword".  He likes to be a swash buckler and shoot lazer guns at people.  Maybe I should introduce star wars. 

He's also going through the "nope" phase and shrieking phase (but I think that's abating).

I won a booklet from Tiffany.  I'll have to review when it comes in.  So how's it going for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!