Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Montessori Style St. Joseph Altar

Yes, I know it's Wednesday.  It's also the day of my Grandfather-in-law's funeral.  That's why I'm online.  Next week will be a different story.  I'll explain more details about following the spirit rather the letter of devotions/laws (etc). 

Trying to stay on a Happy Note...Happy Feast of St. Joseph, Patron Saint of Fathers.

I created a Montessori style St. Joseph Altar using: A Child's tool set, salt-dough created objects of a lily, Jesus fish, nail, and shepherd's staff, laminated images of St. Joseph, a St. Joseph peg doll from my Christmas manger set, a book, blanket, and tissue box.  Momma Mary disappearing would have resulted in tears.

The book, blanket, and tissue box help to create the different tiers (you need three).

They really, reeeaaallly wanted to play with the tool set.  They hadn't seen it since Nov.  Toy rotation.

After they choose which tools to play with.  The saw and the pliers are always neglected.  The screw drivers wield nicely as swords and who doesn't love a good hammer.  This was before I sneaked downstairs mid- post to find them attempting to eat the lily.  They discovered salt-dough thingies are not nice tasting as once thought.  I decided they were probably ready for lunch even though they had second-breakfast.  I swear they are hobbits but less hairy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!