Saturday, May 24, 2014

Feeling like a Millionaire

"So are you able to go out a little bit on your own?"  a friend asked me.  Her children are grown but she takes care of other people's children. 

"Well, I do the shopping on my own."

That's pretty much it.  I go out by myself for a couple of hours to the store each week.  Until recently...

We've hired a babysitter.  My husband's summer schedule is horrendous.  He's here for a few days and gone for a week.  It's like this all summer.  In order to at least go to the store without wanting to pull my hair out, we found a babysitter.  Or rather she found us. 

I met the babysitter at the local park with her brother.  She's 13.  I was 12 when I started babysitting.  She was eager and pitched herself.  So I took her up on the offer.

This is not to say we haven't had someone watch the kids in the past.  But in the past it was very infrequent and usually involved my husband.  I've never had a babysitter stop by to play with the kids so we could get away from each other.  They need it to you see.  Mom is a boring playmate.  And with Dad gone, they could easily go a couple of days without interacting with anyone else. 

So now you understand why I feel like a millionaire because today I'm going browsing a thrift store and my kids are getting to have fun with their new playmate which they act like they need.  It's a total win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!