Sunday, July 6, 2014

Answer Me This

1) Have you ever walked out on a movie?
Not that I recall.  I did some pretty silly things in movie theatres like duck into one while waiting for my movie to start, but I don't recall hating one so badly that I left.

2) Do you abstain from meat on Fridays?
Sometimes.  It really all depends.  Last Friday (being on the 4th) was particularly hard.  But sometimes I forget and offer something else instead.  My kids are little and picky.  My husband is not Catholic.  This makes it difficult.  It will probably be something I enforce when the kids are old enough to understand.  In the meantime, there's plenty for me to give up or pray more about.

3) What do you use the most for blogging (in terms of laptop, desktop, etc)?
I use my laptop.  My phone is a flip phone.  I don't have a desktop.  And my kindle doesn't interface well with others.

4) Have you ever had anything stolen from you?
Yes, yes I have.  Nothing involving a break-in, but mostly in school with other children.  I've had markers, jackets, and the one time at the pool I left my sandals behind.  By the time I got back down from the hotel room they had been pinched.  Very very sad.  If you can't afford shoes, for heaven sakes just ask.  Don't steal them.

5) Do you identify as a member of an ethnic group?
Sure.  I'm American.  Technically that's a nationality.  How about a white chick?  My familial background is so muddled I can't exactly pick a particular ethnic group.  So I don't.  And I don't like checking Caucasian boxes either.  Hence saying I'm American.  That tells you enough about what languages I speak and what food I eat.

6) Seen anything weird lately?
You mean those pictures of those people with signs saying "Get my boss out of my bedroom." or something like that.  That's not really weird but totally non-sensical considering they want their boss to pay for their contraception.  So doesn't that invite your boss in?



Or how about a priest saying Mass in sandals?  Wait that's not really weird either.  He's a discalced Carmelite.  Totally normal.

Nope.  Can't think of anything I've seen up close and personal that is weird.  Maybe it's the mom-dar.  Since I have kids nothing strikes me as bizarre anymore. 

Update:  I just thought of something.  Couple of weeks ago we went to the public beach and a couple had their two littles with them.  At first they had on clothing, but later they were roaming around stark naked.  It wouldn't bother me so much, but this is a public beach.  And I'm kinda a stickler about respecting children including keeping them clothed as much as parenting-ly possible.  So that was definitely odd.  The parents weren't trying to get them back into clothes or hurd them into a more private area either.

Link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!