Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy Mardi Gras, Y'all!

yes, I am recycling photos.  You are welcome.
So today is Fat Tuesday, which is the traditional day to get rid of fatty meaty foods.  Yesterday we ate our annual gumbo and king cake.  This year I used cinnamon rolls similar to what you can do for St. Lucy's day.  I unrolled them and then braided them together forming a large circle as I went.  After baking them, I put the frosting on top and sprinkled granulated sugar dyed in the traditional colors (purple, green, gold).  Purple means justice, green means faith, and gold means power. 

We also watched The Princess and the Frog because it uses Mardi Gras as the backdrop of the story.

Tonight we join our fellow parishioners in celebrating with the other traditional meal: pancakes.  What traditions do you have for today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!