Wednesday, July 22, 2015

NFP Week: My Thyroid and Me

Back when my liver was giving me issues, I had an anomaly with my thyroid, which turned out to be nothing. 

But my husband who was keeping track of my temps back in the day was concerned about my temps.  "You know the book says these temps of yours are an early warning sign of thyroid problems."  "Well didn't they check that out and it was fine?"

Flash forward:  I finally went in for a basic exam.  "I think your thyroid is a little large.  I'm going to refer you for an ultrasound and a blood test."  :(

I did a little look into hypothyroid and starting checking off symptoms.  Sadly I've got several of them.  It also turns out that having thyroid problems is sometimes linked with liver issues too. 

So in the next couple of weeks I'm scheduled for more tests.  On the bright side if it turns out that I have hypothroidism then I can get on medication and get an energy boost.  Let's face it; I've got very little energy and it would be nice to know if this is the cause.

Needless to say, NFP has it's benefits.  It may have pointed out a health problem that I wasn't even aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!