Monday, August 24, 2015

Trying to Get Sorted Out

I just wanted to stop by and let you all know what has been going on.  I've been very busy, but in addition to that I've been dealing with all this medication stuff.  It's making me feel crazy.  Even though I know the reality is that I'm not.  I'm tired, but not because of the usual stuff.  Several days ago I started having insomnia.  It's par for the course when taking the medication that you may end up over-medicating and end up with the side-effects which are common for having hyperthyroidism (that is you make too much hormones instead of what I have which is that on my own I don't make enough). 

Normally I can sleep like a champ.  In fact with the hypothyroidism (sans meds) I could easily sleep 10-12 hours.  I knew it wasn't healthy or feasible so I usually didn't, but it was possible.  Now I sleep four hours, wake up, and can't go back to sleep for several hours.  It's exhausting, but in a different "I think I'm going crazy" sort of way.  My writing is all wack.  And my poor husband has been bearing the brunt of someone who is desperately trying to control their emotions.  At one point I felt more energetic and myself but it wasn't long until I slid down into crazy-ville.  So I'm hoping to get my meds readjusted.  I have a doc appointment tomorrow and we'll see what they suggest doing.

Thanks for your patience.  And I'm sorry if I bite your head off in advance or break down into sobs.  It's not easy for me to maintain self-control.  I feel at times like I'm drowning.  Just know it isn't you.  It's me.  So I think for a little while at least, it's best for my internet buddies if I just stay silent for a bit until my brain and the meds find a happy medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!