Monday, March 7, 2016

Day 20: Revisiting Etsy

So today we worked with bands and weighted poles.  I made the mistake of attempting to use the thickest bands.  I won't be doing that again.

I also attempted to sign the boys up for swim lessons.  I got my vouchers for the vest it up program which gives each boy 8 free swim lessons.  But they haven't got May schedule up yet so I couldn't today.

Hubby and I had a lovely evening in with sushi and a typical rom-com.  As my husband put it "why do they ask people in movies to kiss?  Nobody ever in real life asks people to kiss to prove that they are married."  Yep.  Been married nearly 9 years and nobody has asked us to kiss in order to prove that we are a couple.  Not even when we were dating.

I'm working on an embroidery sampler for the boys room.  Growing up I had the Our Father embroidered on my wall.  It was a treasure to me.  I think my mom made it or one of her friends.  Anyway since HB is supposed to be learning it (again since he forgot it), I thought I'd make them one that's similar.  There's an etsy shop that sells vintage sampler kits so I bought it and also a copy of the Prayer before Meals.  There aren't very many kits for stitching typical Catholic prayers so maybe this summer since my husband's boss is trying to find something for his teen to do I may open back up the etsy shop and create some.  May being the key word here.  He actually wants me to start watching kids again but I'm not sure that would work well for a number of reasons.  She can at least print and put together kits.

Anyhow would you like to have some Catholic prayers for stitching?  Let me know in the comments and if there's an interest in some Catholic-style stitching kits (embroidery and counted-cross), it may push me over the edge to start something.

So how was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!